The residencies under the AiR Goyki 3 programme will be dedicated to a wide group of artists – creators of visual art, writers, performance artists and individuals involved in the popularisation of science from Poland and abroad – and they will consist in supporting the activities of residents in the space of Art Inkubator.
In 2022 we invite to participate artists from the fields of literature and visual arts.
In AiR Goyki 3, we are interested in creative process and dialogue with artists. We are driven by critical reflection on the modern world and society. We do not specify what end results should be; we do not impose topics. We support well-thought-out activities and research-focused projects referring to the place of their implementation, i.e. the city of Sopot and the space of Art Inkubator, as well as those focused on building relationships between people and their surroundings. By inviting residents from various fields, we hope to promote networking and cooperation which will result in multidisciplinary projects.
AiR Goyki 3 offers:
– access to an atelier in the building used by Art Inkubator;
– networking with the local art scene, arranging meetings and visits to institutions relevant to residents’ profiles;
– curatorial support during residencies;
– accommodation for two residents in Sopot during the April – June residency periods
– covering project implementation costs for two residents up to the amount of PLN 8,000 gross per resident in the case of the September – November residencies
Dates of AiR Goyki 3 in 2022:
04.04 – 04.06.2022
05.09 – 05.11.2022
The applications should include:
– AiR Goyki 3 application form – download here
– a brief outline of the project to be carried out in the course of the residency (maximum 500 words/one A4 sheet)
– a portfolio, an artist statement with up to 6 realised projects with technical description (maximum 3MB file size, PDF format obligatory)
– a resume with emphasis on the most recent projects and important awards
Deadline for applications: 05.11.2021, 12:00 CET.
The residency duration is 2 months. Throughout the time, the residents are required to stay and undertake artistic activities in Sopot
Those granted the residency will be obliged to organise at least one open meeting related to their practice.
Full residency regulations available here