The residencies under the AiR Goyki 3 programme will be dedicated to a wide group of artists – creators of visual art, writers, performance artists, musicians, and individuals involved in the popularisation of science from Poland and abroad – and they will consist in supporting the activities of residents in the space of Art Inkubator.
As part of the first two editions of AiR Goyki 3 in 2021, we invite to participate artists from the fields of literature and visual arts.
In AiR Goyki 3, we are interested in creative process and dialogue with artists. We are driven by critical reflection on the modern world and society. We do not specify what end results should be; we do not impose topics. We support well-thought-out activities and research-focused projects referring to the place of their implementation, i.e. the city of Sopot and the space of Art Inkubator, as well as those focused on building relationships between people and their surroundings. By inviting residents from various fields, we hope to promote networking and cooperation which will result in multidisciplinary projects.
AiR Goyki 3 offers:
– access to an atelier in the building used by Art Inkubator; first residency will take place in between temporary and permanent location of Art Inkubator
– curatorial support during residencies;
– networking with the local art scene, arranging meetings and visits to institutions relevant to residents’ profiles;
– accommodation for two people in Sopot during the April – June residency periods
– covering project implementation costs up to the amount of PLN 8,000 gross in the case of the September – November residencies
The applications should include:
- AiR Goyki 3 application form – download here
- A brief outline of the project to be carried out in the course of the residency (maximum 500 words/one A4 sheet)
- a portfolio, an artist statement with up to 6 realised projects with technical description (maximum 2MB file size, PDF format obligatory)
- a resume with emphasis on the most recent projects and important awards
Deadline for applications: 12.11.2020, 12.00 CET
The residency duration is 2 months. Throughout the time, the residents are required to stay and undertake artistic activities in Sopot
Those granted the residency will be obliged to organize at least one open meeting dedicated to their artistic creations or using works resulting from their creative efforts.
Full residency regulations available here